OPEN CALL 2021 IS OPEN!!!
CREATIVE AFFIRMATIVE ORGANIZATION PARNASSUS, Novi Sad, Serbia
ASSOCIATION SPIRIT, Rijeka, Croatia
HUMANITARIAN ORGANIZATION „Partner“, Banja Luka; Bosnia and Herzegovina
NGO „ART 365“, Podgorica, Montenegro
For 19. INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL “SEIZE THE FILM!“
on the topic of disability and films whose authors (actors, screenwriters, directors)
are people with disability
Film Festival “Seize the Film“ is focus on projections of the films related to the topic of disability. In addition of projections, the program includes film making workshops, exhibitions and panel discussions with the authors/actors.
Terms of competition:
- Topic: Disability* PLEASE NOTE THAT we DON’T accept films about COVID 19 unless the film is about a person with a disability who had Covid 19, the challenges of people with disabilities at the time of the pandemic etc.
- Duration: up to 30 minutes
- At least DVD quality**
- Must have SR/Cro/Bosnian/Mne or English titles***
It is necessary to deliver:
- Complete #aplication form 2021 WORD
- Authors biography
- 2 movie stills
- dialog list ( .srt)
- trailer (promo clip) if any
Films must be sent latest until 01.05.2021. Applicants will bear all expenses and risk of sending the materials.
Films and copies remains with organizers. Organizers are obligated not to use films in any commercial purposes. For screenings of the chosen films for competition and review part, organizers will not pay fees for the authors or producers. Organizers hold the right of using of the trailers or film clip up to 3 minutes, exclusively for the purpose of promotion for the Film festival „Seize the film!“.
The main program of the festival (Films selected and awarded by the jury, panel discussions with the authors/actors) will be held in September in Novi Sad (Serbia) during 17. Film festival „Seize the film!“.
Films that are selected and presented at the 18th Film Festival “Seize the film!” in Novi Sad (SR) enter the shortlist for presentation in Rijeka (Croatia), Banja Luka (Bosnia and Herzegovina) and Kotor (MNE) but also in the post-production – Film Caravan in the cities of these countries.
Best films will be rewarded with plaque and will be directly placed at Festival of European documentary and independent film “Euro-In”, which is held in Novi Sad.
In addition with rewards for best film, best scenario and best directing, expert panel will award special prizes for the contributions on the field of disability having in mind:
- Does/how much does the film provide the alternative/different view on disability
- How original is their approach on the topic of disability
- How interesting is the movie/attracts attention/is impressionable
- How well disability stereotypes were avoided
- How much does the film provide information regarding disability
Application form can be downloaded #aplication form 2021 WORD
Films can be submitted via Internet (festhome, clickforfestivals, filmfreeway, youtube, Wetransfer, vimeo ..) email@example.com
*films whose authors (actors, screenwriters, directors) are people with disability can have any topic of choice.
** films may be sent via the Internet with agreement of the organizers
***films should be titled or in any other way adjusted to people with sight/hearing disability